Thursday, April 15, 2010

New web links

I just added two new links to important websites on my sidebar: Downsizing the Federal Government, a Cato Institute site, and A Roadmap for America's Future, a very informative site hosted by Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. He presents plans for dealing with the trainwreck waiting to happen - the downfall of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and a plan to deal with our Health Care system crisis. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm spending a lot of time these days reading, researching and becoming more informed about the state of our nation. There is a lot that needs to be done, but some hopeful signs that we have at least a few good folk trying to address the problems that seem to be cropping up wherever we look. I think the watchword for me going forward is 'pay attention'! I have spent far too much time thinking that everything was being taken care of, and not enough time looking over shoulders... those days are gone for the forseeable future, but I do not think I am alone in this conclusion. I do believe I have a lot of company, and we just need to roll up our sleeves and start digging in!
Happy Tax Day, America... let's be sure they spend our hard-earned dollars wisely, and that they know we are watching!

No comments: