Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a day to reflect on the things we have to be thankful for. I have many, many things I give thanks for today: A loving Creator, who has always given me what I need, who has been patient with me while I went through my wild, crazy days, and responded when I asked for help to get off the roller coaster and get on more stable footing; family, friends and a loving husband, who always seem to be there when I need them; a free nation, filled with fellow citizens who are all trying to make the best of this life we have been given; a form of government, which at times seems to be completely dysfunctional, but still beats any of the alternatives I have seen in our world; health, hope, joy, laughter.... the list goes on. My wish is for a world where we can all thrive and grow, not just those on the side of the aisle that share my political beliefs, but all of us. May we all try to remember to wish for the best in each other, and be thankful for what we have been given. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Hi Jusy:
Had to track you down - and love t=your two blogs! I wanted to thank you for the note you left on my blog - I appreciated it!
Marie/Zquilts

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Thanks, Marie. I was touched by your post, and I am glad you like my blogs!

Judy